The Church of San Vitale Baganza is in Via Abate Peroni, San Vitale Baganza, Sala Baganza, Parma
The Church was designed and erected by Lorenzo Raschi between 1835-1841 except the bell tower which was built in 1700 except for the cusp. It is between the river Taro and the stream Baganza, and in the past pilgrims attended the Hajj pilgrims on their way to Monte Bardone. The church has got three naves, the central has got a truss damaged on February 14, 1834 because of an earthquake.
San Giacomo Oratory : it’s a temple, on a polygonal plan with apse. Outside you can notice elegant moldings, which stand out when it rains and typically late-Baroque windows.
The castle was owned by San Vitale family until 1612
It stands on the left bank of the stream Baganza.
HISTORY: the family Sanvitale has its origins in the early 12th century (1122), when Ugo gave his name to the family, and built a fortress Towerby dedicated to Saint Vitale by river Enza. According to others the name comes from San Vitale Baganza, a territory that belonged to the family. Other hypotheses still refer to the homes of this family who were close to the ancient Church of San Vitale in Parma.